Our families stay housed!
Family Promise does a whole lot more than provide shelter and meals for families experiencing. Our shelter guests receive intensive, individualized case management during their stay in our program, as well as comprehensive aftercare once they have successfully transitioned into their new home. Our model has proven to be a great marker for success as we successfully integrate our families into their communities and ensure the support continues long after they graduate our shelter.
Check out the services offered through our three comprehensive programs:
Emergency Shelter Program
- Comprehensive assessments outlining each family’s risk factors and steps that can be taken to alleviate some of the barriers they face
- Education & job training
- Access to professional advocates who help families find jobs, affordable housing and referrals to other agencies as needed
- Financial literacy programs
- Job/Education skills assessments
- Referrals for family therapy, crisis intervention, theraputic mentoring or early intervention
- Advocates on behalf of legislative bills that affect our families’ employment, service delivery options and affordable housing
- Wellness workshops, including:
- Nutrition & Exercise
- Tenant rights & responsibilities
- Employer/Employee rights & responsibilities
Families Forward Program
An important part of the Family Promise North Shore Boston program is the aftercare services provided to each family post-graduation through the Families Forward Program. While this is less intensive than the care families receive while in our program, staff meets monthly with graduate families to ensure they maintain their monthly budgets, income, expenses and continued debt reduction. An ancillary benefit to the aftercare program is that we are able to assist families with any problem-solving issues, as well as help them resolve any needs that may arise, such as after school/summer camp needs or referrals to additional services. The Families Forward Program helps ensure that our guests’ instances of homelessness are non-recurring.
Shelter and Housing Navigation
In February of 2020, Family Promise North Shore Boston launched the Shelter and Housing Navigation Program. This program is intended to offer accessible resource navigation to families and individuals in need of assistance. Those in need are encouraged to reach out to our staff who are ready and prepared to assist families and individuals with accessing shelter, preventing eviction, and applying for housing and other benefits. If you are at risk of homelessness and need someone to help you find stability, please contact our office.