Family Promise North Shore Boston is always in need of talented and dedicated volunteers.
There are a number of ways that you can get involved.
Attend a Training
We offer weekly trainings at 2 PM on Mondays at Beverly Bootstraps.
Frequent Thursday evening trainings at our Day Center.
Additional weekend trainings at various host sites.
Host Site Volunteers
Volunteers from host sites and support congregations provide hospitality to guest families throughout their week’s stay. These volunteer activities include:
- Cooking and hosting dinner
- Spending the evening with families, visiting, helping with homework or playing with the children
- Planning special activities
- Sleeping overnight at the host congregation
- Donating needed supplies for the host congregation
- Setting up and taking down the guest families’ rooms
We are in need of committed volunteers to help out at our Day Center, particularly on the weekends. Office Angel volunteer shifts are only 2 hours long and may include activities such as:
- Staffing our headquarters on the weekends
- Playing games or reading to the children
- Engaging in weekend activities with families
- Helping to prepare for new families to enter the program
- Performing data entry
- Tutoring children or helping with homework
- Advocating for jobs and housing for families experiencing homelessness