You’re there … You’re helping … You’re making it happen…
…when we help a mom, a dad, a child to reverse the downward spiral of homelessness.
In fact, as you read these words, our network director Russ and our assistant director Elizabeth are working very hard to help three moms and their six children, plus one grandmother (yes, grandmother) and her three grandchildren attain a brighter future. These women are working daily to acquire skills, apply for jobs, and obtain permanent housing. Soon, they’ll join our eight graduate families who are already enjoying warm, safe homes of their own!
But it takes YOU. To do this important work of keeping homeless families together and helping them get back on their feet, we need your financial support.
Many folks don’t realize: We receive no ongoing federal or state funding. Instead, we (and the families in turn) rely on your generosity. This year, we expect to raise over 70% of our $200,000 annual budget from friends like YOU.
So please help as generously as possible today.
- Give a gift today for the sake of families in need, right here in our neighborhoods.
- Make a pledge of monthly support if you can.
- Attend our next fundraiser, Taste the Promise, on May 20 at the Danversport Yacht Club (more details later).
- Encourage your congregation or civic organization to donate or sponsor a fundraiser.
- Ask your local elementary school to sponsor Houses for Change, which educates students about homelessness.
In addition, we urgently need your talents as we help give homeless children a brighter future. Please contact Russ (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have skills related to:
- Communications/public relations
- Web design and maintenance
I hope to hear from you soon with your gift of support. Thanks for doing your part to end homelessness, one family at a time!
For the families,
Duncan Ballantyne, President